Everyone is wondering weather it is safe to receive treatments in the office.
Our goal is to put you at ease when vising our office and we are committed to a level of cleanliness that is crucial in preventing the spread of Covid. I personally want to let you know about the steps we are taking to keep you healthy.
We have added more precautions to ensure that our office will be a safe place to receive your acupuncture and massage care. Please read our summary below of how we are caring for you in the office. It is my great hope that this will encourage you to come in and continue your health journey with us!
- Our door is usually open for extra ventilation and there is hand sanitizer on the front desk for each welcome patient.
- Temperatures are taken at the door.
- The front office and restroom are wiped down between each patient use.
- Credit cards are kept on file for minimal exchange at the front desk.
- The treatment rooms are used, wiped down and rested between visits, meaning there is an hour break between each room with ventilation.
- We are washing our hands until they fall off. Between each patient and usually more than once.
- Our heat packs and eye pillows are disinfected between each use.
- The face rests on the massage tables are disinfected thoroughly with EPA approved wash and each patient receives fresh face rest covers with each treatment.
We have the highest confidence in our protocols and have continued success in staying open and clean to assist our patients through this really tough and consuming time. Our promise to you is excellent and safe healthcare for every treatment in our office, every time.
How You Can Help:
- Patients are welcome to wait in the waiting room or wait in their car (we can text you when you are ready to be seen). It is not required but we can pre arrange this option with you. Just let the front office know. 650-366-4299.
- Anyone who enters the office MUST wear a mask. Once in the treatment room there will be options for a mask depending on the chosen treatment. If you do not have a mask we will provide one for you.
- When you enter the office we will take your temperature. If a fever is present we will ask that you do not be seen, and to then consider self quarantine immediate as fever is usually the initial symptom of Covid-19.
- Please wash you hands with the hand sanitizer offered or in the bathroom before entering the treatment room.
- If you think you have been exposed to anyone who has a confirmed case of Covid-19, we ask that you do not visit the clini and quarantine for 21 days. The spread can go for as long as 21 days. If you are experiencing any underlying issues such as diabetes, lung Issues or other chronic medical conditions we suggest you also stay at home to minimize your risk.
- Patients are requested to wear loose fitting clothing, (so we minimize sheet use) and are encouraged to leave all belongings in the car.
- We ask that you do not bring any additional companions to your appointment. Please arrange for any child or elderly care prior to arriving. Only patients needing to be seen that day should visit the office.
- We really want you to know that the whole team will be missing anyone who must stay home and will be SO HAPPY to see you again when you feel comfortable coming into the office.
- If you can’t make it into the office, our whole staff is available for telemedicine visits which are a fantastic way to connect with a practitioner about what you can do at home for self-care and advise which herbs and supplements would be appropriate for you. We can drop ship supplements or direct you on how to order. Please us call to schedule.
We are here to assist with any issues that can arise when coming into the office. Things are pretty much the same clean standards we have always maintained, now they are very formalized and with extra protection which is always the best way to go.
With extra protection in mind, here are some ways that you can ensure your exceptional health during this sensitive time:
Maintain A+ Self Care:
Now, more than any other time it is vital to pay attention to your everyday health. Some ideas that might fit into your busy lifestyle:
- Eat really well. Cut back on caffeine, alcohol and sugar. Besides its Summer and all the great fruits are available so start substituting fruits for sugary snacks.
- Water: Drink half of your body weight in oz. If I weigh 140, drink 70 oz. Of water a day. Measure it out! You will be surprised at the outcome.
- Ditch the electronics in the bedroom. Go for the big change and get the TV out of the bedroom. Work on your sleep schedule.
- Stock Up! Fill up your fridge and pantry with good stuff in case you need extra time at home. Reduced trips to the market helps in general. What we love and recommend: Bone both, nuts, soups, fresh/frozen veggies, berries, meats, poultry, seeds, canned beans, grains and smoothy fixins.
All of us at Many Lives Chinese Medicine love being in service. Our biggest passion is assisting our community with all healthcare issues and especially during this tricky time. We can not do it without you and we appreciate your confidence in our abilities.
Please come in for a tune up, an IVF prep, a hormonal balance, a sleep concern, anxiety issues…….we are here and we are ready.