I have chronic back pain, can I carry a baby with this back pain? The…
There are many systems of medicine that fall under “Chinese Medicine”. Kiiko style is a system that is used widely in America and one that I use in practice. This novel system of acupuncture developed by Kiiko Matsumoto and David Euler is based on their training with several Japanese masters of acupuncture. It is unique because it is based on the experience of several blind masters, who focused on palpation of points of the body to both diagnose and treat.
During your treatment, I will locate obvious points on the body that are slightly painful, tender, or sore. Then, I’ll find another point on the body that immediately reduces the pain or tenderness at the original spot. Rather than needling the tender point, I’ll needle the point that relieves the pain.
The Kiiko acupuncture style has many advantages
- Greater confidence in results: You and me both feel a change, so we both know that the treatment is working
- Better results: Everybody is different, and acupuncture points can vary from the textbook location. This technique allows me to find just the right spot for you.
- Feel results fast: Since we both feel an immediate change, the results are also felt much faster. Some simple complaints can be resolved in a single treatment!
This is a highly effective system with a wide range of applications.
Kiiko Acupuncture for Pain Management
Kiiko style is remarkably effective for pain, both chronic and acute, and can often lead to an immediate reduction in pain in the very first treatment. During the treatment, I will feel around the area you’re experiencing pain to find the spots that are most sore or tender. Then I’ll find a different spot, sometimes further down the same limb, sometimes on another part of the body, that immediately and substantially reduces your painful area.
This system allows better diagnosis, and faster results, since both you and I will feel a change in the area when the correct point is found. This can particularly effective for:
- Headache, migraines
- Neck and shoulder pain
- Lower back pain and hip pain
- Wrist pain
- Ankle pain
Abdominal diagnosis and Internal medicine
Kiiko style emphasizes emphasizes palpation of the Hara, or abdomen. This technique can be used to both diagnose and treat. When the internal organs are functioning smoothly with good circulation, there should not be any discomfort with palpation. However, when organs are stagnate or inflamed, then they will be tender or sore with gentle pressure. Using the same palpation based technique to immediately reduce pain, I can find points to increase the circulation in the abdomen that reduces the discomfort while improving the health and function of the internal organ.
This can be effective in a variety of conditions, including:
- Auto-immune disease
- Digestion issues, IBS (irritable bowel syndrome)
- Hormonal imbalance and endocrine disorders
- Thyroid disorders
- Insomnia and other sleeping problems
- Stress, anxiety, depression, and other emotional imbalances
- Toxin build up from addiction or long-term medication use
Kiiko Acupuncture for Women’s Health
Kiiko style is especially well suited for women’s health and fertility issues. Reflexes in the lower abdomen often reflect hormonal imbalances and restricted circulation at the root of many women’s health concerns. These can include:
- Amenorrhea (absence of period)
- Dysmenorrhea (painful period)
- Irregular periods
- Heavy and light periods
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Pregnancy related symptoms
- Increase success rate of ART (assisted reproductive technology) including IVF and IUI
About Dr. Davina
Dr. Davina graduated top of her class from Five Branches University. While there she trained under a Kiiko style practitioner. She also trained directly with David Euler, the co-founder of Kiiko style. Since then she has honed and refined her skills in a variety of settings, including a Sports medicine residency and hospitals in Taiwan, Malaysia, and Myanmar.
She is an active member of the LGBTQ+ community and strives to create a safe and non-judgmental place for everyone. She is currently seeing patients Monday, Friday, and Saturday.
Many Lives Chinese Medicine
Acupuncturist Redwood City
Follow us on Facebook