Long COVID-19 Treatments
After two years of this pandemic, I am pretty sure we are all pretty tired of hearing about COVID. Despite that, there is an important issue that should be talked more about…
Effects of Long COVID-19
All of us at Many Lives Chinese Medicine have been treating patients who have been having a really hard time “getting back to normal” after their COVID-19 infection. The results in our office have been dramatically positive for these patients.
If you or someone close to you has been sick with COVID-19, you may have heard of “long COVID.”
Long COVID is a term used to describe the ongoing symptoms that some people experience after contracting the virus. These symptoms can range from mild to debilitating and can last for weeks or even months.
Chinese Medicine has had a very long history of re-balancing the body.
We take great pride in re-balancing Lungs, Hormones, Emotions, Livers etc. After any long illnesses we are especially effective. For our patients suffering from long COVID-19 symptoms, we employ a comprehensive diagnosis, acupuncture, herbal medicine and a lot of cupping.
A review of 57 studies found that more than half of people with long-term COVID-19 still have at least one symptom 6 months after their original illness. (Kaiser)
Common long COVID-19 symptoms can involve:
- Brain health: Difficulty concentrating, memory loss or forgetfulness, headache and pain, sensitivity, or numbness from nerve damage
- Mental health: Anxiety, trouble sleeping, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and survivor’s guilt
- Lung health: Shortness of breath, cough, and increased need for oxygen
- Movement: General weakness, poor mobility, lower exercise tolerance, and muscle or joint pain
- Heart health: Chest pain and palpitations
- Digestion: Abdominal pain, poor appetite, weight loss, diarrhea,
- Skin & Hair: hair loss, swelling and discoloration of the toes (“COVID toes”) and skin rash
- Ear, nose, and throat health (less common): loss of smell or taste and sore throat
Although long COVID-19 symptoms can be frustrating and debilitating, there are treatments that may help improve your condition.
Acupuncture, cupping and herbal medicine have been shown to be helpful for many people in our clinic who have suffered with long COVID-19 symptoms.
If you are experiencing these symptoms, please consider booking an appointment with us.
Many Lives Chinese Medicine
Acupuncturist Redwood City
Follow us on Facebook